In this article, we will talk about how to unhide columns in Excel. It can be done both on Mac and Windows. The columns can be hidden in Excel by using the Hide feature. Hiding is done in the first place just to make the spreadsheet look less complicated. It makes analyzing data easier. It’s also best for presentation; you can unhide the columns and only reveal them when they are required. Some of the columns are just used for calculations you can hide them to avoid confusion. All the data in the worksheet is not important. But the content will be still available, but not visible. If these columns contain any formula, they will still work.
How to Unhide Columns in Excel Using Keyboard
This is the easiest way to unhide columns in Excel:
- Open the Excel document that has hidden columns in it.
- Select the columns on both sides of the hidden column. If the hidden column is D then select Column C and E on both sides while pressing the Shift key. When you select these columns they will be highlighted.
- Click on the Home button in the upper left side of the Excel window.
- Now, click on the Format in the sections of the cell of home tab. It is present on the right side of the toolbar. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Choose hide and unhide option appeared in the drop-down menu.
- A pop-out menu will appear after selecting that option. Click unhide columns. After doing this the hidden column will appear that is present between the selected columns.
If the width of the column is decreased to zero then place the cursor on the right side of the column and drag it to increase the width. If you want to unhide all the columns then select all button which is present on the left side of Column “A” and Row “1”. Now follow the above-mentioned steps to proceed further.
How to Unhide Columns in Excel Using Shortcut
If you’re more at ease using keyboard shortcuts, this is a great way to unhide all columns with a few steps. The whole process is quite simple.
- Select any cell in the worksheet.
- Press Control+A (hold the control key and press A twice). This will select all the cells in the worksheet
- Use the following shortcut – ALT + H O U L
If you learn to use this easy shortcut, you can unhide columns a lot faster. It will save you time. Excel is a little complicated and not so easy to use. Use all the described methods, they will be very useful for you.