Avast antivirus is a popular software to secure the computer from viruses. It has a large library of known viruses makes it easier to search for various viruses in existence. Moreover, it is regularly updated to make sure that no virus harms your computer.
However, with its latest Nitro update, Avast has introduced Avast SafePrice which is automatically installed with the original software. Its a browser extension which helps in making your browser experience safe. However, like many other browser plug-ins, this also causes your browser to slow down making it a problem for people who prefer faster web experience.
Avast SafePrice and How to Disable it:
Avast SafePrice is most commonly automatically installed with the original antivirus software if you do the normal installation. You can make sure that this plug-in is not installed by using the custom installation option and unselecting the Avast SafePrice option.
In case it has been installed you can simply uninstall it by using the given method.
- Open the Control Panel by accessing it through the Start Menu.
- Select the Uninstall a program option under the Programs by selecting the Programs and Features option.
- Find Avast Free Antivirus from the list of applications and then select it.
- Now click on the Change button which appears to open an Avast interface.
- From the interface untick the Avast SafePrice browser extension and then proceed. Your computer will now uninstall this plug-in from your computer.
Be sure to remember that new settings will take time to take effect and you will have to restart your computer to make sure that the plug-in has been completely removed from your computer.