Even though the era of 7th generation consoles, featuring Xbox 360 games and PlayStation 3, there are well over 800+ games available to play on Xbox 360. In case, you missed some of them or want to play them again, there are alternative ways to directly playing them on PC instead of your old Xbox 360 console. This article aims to help you by providing detailed information on how to play Xbox 360 games on your PC.
To start there two ways to play Xbox 360 games on your PC; through Windows Store or using an emulator.
How to play Xbox 360 Games Using Windows Store
A PC user can play some of the selected Xbox 360 games by accessing their Windows Store in Windows 8 and Windows 10. These games were officially playable on Windows and feature a few popular games of the Xbox 360.
- Open your Windows Store app by searching it through the Start Menu.
- On opening, ensure that you have an available internet connection.
- If connected, go to the search bar and type the name of the Xbox 360 game you want to install. It is to be noted, that the Windows Store only contains only some of the more popular games of Xbox 360. It’s not guaranteed that the searched game will be available on the store.
- Select Get on the game display screen to purchase your game.
- Download and play.
How to Use an Emulator
In case, the desired game is not available on the Windows store, you can use an alternative emulator to play your game on PC. There are many available emulators on the PC for the Xbox 360 games, however, most of them carry the malicious files and viruses. At the moment, on the most trusted emulator is Xenia.
Before installation, you should check whether your PC meets the following minimum hardware requirements:
How to Download “Xernia” Emulator [Step-By-Step Guide]
- Open your web browser and access Xenia.jp.
- The browser will lead you the official page of the Xenia emulator.
- From there click on the “Download button” on the left side of the screen.
- Select either master(Vulkan) or d3d12(D3D12) for download and it will begin automatically.
- When the download finishes, use an extractor application such as WinZip to extract the file onto your PC.
- In case, you’ve desired Xbox 360 game file which you want to play as well then put them beside the extracted Xenia file folder.
- Drag the Xbox game file you want to play onto the Xernia.exe file and your game will boot up shortly.
- Enjoy the game and in case of any bugs then inform Xenia software developers to improve the gaming experience in the emulator.
Important Note: To play the game you must ensure that you’ve properly bought the game. In case of software piracy, this article holds no responsibility for your actions.