Skype for business is a useful communication software used by people to help in contact different number of people for business purposes. It serves as a virtual mobile phone with video call capabilities on PC for professional work.
However, there are certain times when the user did not actually intend it to install and it came as a package with another software install. This may become a space consuming unnecessary app on your computer.
Moreover, the fact that it automatically boots up on Windows startup and reduces overall RAM capacity of the computer on its background working annoys many users. This leads to the uninstallation of this software however due to certain restrictions and various other problems most of these uninstallations fail to succeed. This in turn, causes the person to bear with this app until he/she reinstalls his Operating System. However, the app may surface again in the future creating a loop, which reduces the app’s popularity.
How to Uninstall or Remove Skype for Business [Solution]
This article will help you to overcome these problems by providing a detailed step by step solution and also point out specific reasons for failure of installation.
To uninstall, the user first needs to stop Skype for Business from starting automatically on its own.
Steps To Remove Skype for Business
- In the Skype app choose the tools icon then Tools<Options to open a new window.
- This new window will show a variety of options as a list in the left side. Select Personal from these options and uncheck “Automatically start the app” checkbox.
- Then press “Ok” to save the settings.
- Afterwards click on the settings marker in the shape of a gear and then File<Exit. This will exit you from the app even though it still exists on your computer.
Now to uninstall, you have to follow the basic uninstalling procedure as provided by the Operating System.
In this case for Windows OS:
- For the next step, open the Control Panel and then select Uninstall a program under the Programs heading.
- This will open a new window listing all installed applications on the computer.
- At this point you have to simply find Skype from the listed apps and after selecting it click on the Uninstall program to completely uninstall the program from your computer.
Note: If you are unable to find Skype in the listed apps in the Application manager then that means that the Skype application was installed as a part of Office 365. This means that you cannot uninstall this app separately. In this case you need to uninstall Office 365 as a whole to uninstall Skype for Business from the computer. Remember that doing this will also uninstall Office 365 and all its components from your computer. This means that you will have to reinstall Office 365 with custom settings to get all your other deleted apps back and may become a bit of a hassle. Therefore, ensure that you are ready to proceed with uninstallation at your own risk.