Want to know about why Akamai Netsession Client uses internet to work and whether it is actually beneficial for your computer. This article will help you by explaining what Akamai Netsession Interface actually does and whether it should be removed in case you feel that it is harmful to your computer.
What is Akamai Netsession Client:
First of all, Akamai Netsession Client is a helping software that is installed when you update your BIOS system. When installed, your Windows Firewall will warn you that this software asks for permission to access the internet.
Akamai Netsession Interface is a safe and trusted software which helps to download apps from the internet. Its acts as a download manager helping slower internet connection computers to download large files by separating them into different bits. This makes it easier to resume your download in case a large file has only downloaded by half and you need to power off your PC.
Moreover, this software features HTTPS and SSL security which makes sure that all your downloads are secure and safe and no other person is able to access them.
Checking the software for Viruses:
However, some people may still not trust it therefore for extra security reasons you should search the software for any viruses using antivirus software. This will remove any concerns regarding whether Akamai Netsession Client is dangerous to use or not.
Uninstalling Akamai Netsession Client (In case you do not want it):
In this case, you can simply uninstall this software by following the given steps:
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- In case all icons are sorted by category, click the Uninstall a program under Programs heading.
- If they are sorted by another method then just simply open Program and Features.
- Now simply find Akamai Netsession Client from the list of programs and select it.
- Then click on the Uninstall button to proceed. Your computer will now uninstall the software without any further problems.