Today, we will tell you about how to enable split screen on Mac while Windows OS holds a major share on PC and laptops many people may wish to consider changing to Mac OS due to its increase file security and user support. However, being new to the Mac OS can be hard as even the simplest of tasks on Mac requires a different method than the Windows platform. This article will help you to enable split screen on Mac by giving out detailed step by step information in a simple way.
Mac allows a user to split their screen in side by side, the split-screen mode which allows a user to create two separate layers on the screen using which they access two different applications at the same time providing a parallel working mode.
How to Split Screen on Mac (Quick Method)
To open split screen mode you’ve to first enter a full-screen mode for your first application.
- To do this, you’ve to first click hold the green colored full-screen button on the left corner side of the opened application.
- Doing so will open it full screen as well as size it down to fit the half left or right side of the screen which the user can choose according to their preferences by the application in the respective direction.
- After that, you can select another application to take up the other half of the screen for split-screen view.
In case, the application was already being viewed in full screen you can still view them side by side without any problem.
- Open Mission Control and then drag the thumbnail of your desired second application onto the top of the screen. Doing so will open both your applications in split-screen view.
- It is to be noted that certain applications may require a larger resolution to actually fit onto the screen. To do this, you need to first increase your screen resolution to open the apps in split-screen.
In case, holding down the full-screen button does not do the required actions then do these steps:
- Go to the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Then click Mission Control and click on “Displays have separate Spaces” checkbox.
- Doing so will now allow you to enter split-screen without any problem.
Split Screen Features:
- In Split Screen, the user can access a variety of features which include:
- Side-by-side view without any distractions which are produced by any other working apps.
- You can select either the working window to actively work on it.
- You can swap positions of both apps by dragging to the other.
- The split between the apps is adjustable by dragging the vertical split line to the left or right side of the screen.
How to Exit Split Screen mode
- Move your cursor to the top part of the screen where all windows buttons are displayed and then click on the same green-colored full-screen button.
- Doing so will minimize the selected app while keeping the other app in full-screen view by removing the split between both screens.
By now, you will now be able to successfully be able to split your Mac screen without any difficulty. In case, you were not available to do so please refer to the official Mac website for further help.